Monday, May 10, 2010

Dallin's test results are in :(

So the doctor's office called me today to tell me Dallin's test results.  Good news is they found things out early bad new is that he has a BICUSPID AORTIC VALVE.  It is the most common defect that people have but it now means I get to spend time with Dallin and the heart doctors. In a nut shell it means his valve did not form right and he has two valves instead of three. In research most cases do end up having to have surgery at some time due to this but I do not know the treatment plan for him yet.  I have am just in the processes of trying to find a good pediatric cardiologist and make a follow up appointment for him.  So the process is just starting instead of just coming to an end like I had prayed.

How I am feeling?  I am scared.  I have been down the heart road with Dayna and lost that battle.  I am scared that I will lose my little man also.  I know that, that happening most likely wont happen but that is my fear.  All I can do is think about how I lost Dayna to this battle and now I get to go through the echo's and eeg's every year with Dallin.  I don't want to do this but I love my son and have no other choice but to do it. I am scared of making the wrong choice of Doctor for Dallin. I will just have to pray and follow my heart in my making that choice. 

So now you all know the outcome and how I am feeling about it.  My world is just a little bit more stressed now but I know God is there and will watch over us and bless us.  What will be will be and we just have to have faith.  My little man is strong and he can make it through anything.  Thank you for all you love and prayers.  <3 Terri and Dallin

1 comment:

  1. Terri I have a niece who has the same condition and she is now 16. Yes it is serious with the heart but like you said this is the most common form. Try not to stress. Dallin will be able to live an active happy life. My niece still has not needed surgery.

    ReplyDelete