Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dallin's Echo

Well today was an interesting day for Dallin and I. Today Dallin was put under for his echo and EEG.  I was sooo nervous.  This was the first time he had been put under.  I have been needing to get this test done for 4 years but either I had been dealing with Dayna's heart problems or was to scared to do it.  All I can say is that fear is a really hard thing to get over.

We left the house at 730 this morning cause we had to be at primary children's at 830.  It was my first time ever going there.  I was a bit lost but we found our way in time.  The nurse Mindy was wonderful with Dallin.  She first thought a mild sedation would be the way to go.  I as mother  quickly said no to that idea.  Mindy agreed in the end that it was good to just put him out.  It took 100 cc to put him under enough that he wasn't still awake.  The echo and EEG took about 45 mins to get done.  Then up to recovery we went to wait an hour and 15 mins for them to be able to wake him up.  Yet like his mother he takes more to be put out and it doesn't last as long.  SO...... 20 mins early my little man woke himself up.  Man was he ever wiggly.  He just kept coming in and out it. It was a joy (not!).  Mom kept getting kicked and punched by little man.  It was a good that his grandma was there cause I couldn't have done it with out her.  She helped get him dressed, clothed, and ready to go. 

My little man kept trying to get away and walk by himself but it was like he was a drunken sailor.   He was so wobbly.  It was cute to watch but hard to deal with.  He just kept wiggling and wiggling. I didn't know which way he was going. One min he was a wake and the next he was asleep or out of it. It was like the lights were on but he wasn't there at times.  So anyways we went to lunch after we left the hospital.  It was starting to be a very good lunch and a nice time with grandma. Other than the kicks and jabs from Dallin.  Then all of the sudden Dallin lost all that was in his tummy. All over grandma, mommy, and our lunch.  So off to the restroom we went to get all cleaned up. I felt so badly for the lady who had to clean up our mess at the restaurant.

Well so our day ended up rather interesting to say the least.  I over came a fear that I had, had for over 3 years.  I was able to spend time with my mother and Dallin was well cared for my some wonderful nurses. Mindy, Kristen, and Nicole were so dear and wonderful to us.  They really know how to treat you at primary childrens hospital. I am still a bit nervous because the result will not be to me until Monday.  So I still have a few days that I have to wait but over all it was a good experience.  I feel that I am a stronger person and a better mother.  Today was a hard but very good day.  I love my family and my little man so much.  I was wonderful to see the special bond Dallin is creating with his grandma.  She was so tender with him today. Thank you to everyone for all the thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a miserable day, I'm glad it's over! When do the results come back?

    ReplyDelete