Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Memories are good :>)


I have been thinking about Dayna a lot lately. I realized that there still has not been a single day that I don't think about him. I keep thinking one day I just won't do it but that still hasn't happened, and you know what that is alright. I am learning that even though others do agree with it. For me this is all good and I am grateful to have my memories of him and that even though he is not here, he is still a part of my life. Today on the way to the doctor Dallin asked where daddy was. I told him in heaven and then we started to talk about daddy and heaven. He says that he misses his daddy. I am not sure how he remembers him but he knows who he is even though he was only 1 year old. He still remembers him and I am so grateful to that also.

Its the memories that keep me moving forward some days. Each memory is a wonderful blessing. Those are my memories that I shared with Dayna. The time that we spent building and working on our relationship and forever family. My religion is my back bone to who I am and where I want to end up. It is what has help guild me in times of need. When I miss Dayna the most I turn to God and I get relief from my suffering. I know I am loved and that God blesses and watches over Dallin and I. Thank you all my dear friends for all you do for me.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Terri,
    Thank you so much for your honest thoughts and your sweet testimony. I am so grateful that your life experiences have brought you closer to the Lord and that your faith has not wavered. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, your faith is such an example to me. I have wanted to be angry or think it's just not fair but I know I can't let myself get that way and just trust our Father in Heaven it is someone's time to go for a great purpose. I also think about Nikki every day of my life. Sometimes it's all I can think about. You're right, it is definitely a great blessing that Dallin remembers his Dad when he was only one. That is so special. I love you Terri and always have you in my prayers. Your first blog post is beautiful and inspiring and I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete