Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What have I gotten myself into

Anyone who really knows me knows that I can be stubborn, jump first think later, and competitive. So due to this my mouth has gotten me into a new challenge which in truth I am not sure I can do (the fear). Oh course I can't really admit to that right now cause that would be throwing in the towel before I have even begun to try.  I have made a commitment to run in a half marathon in January in St. George.  Really?  What am I thinking.  Well I know what I am thinking but we'll hold off on that one for a while.

So I have some goals to go with this. I want to continue to get in shape. Losing my extra fluff would be really nice too.  So that is goal number one.  Goal number two is to push myself to do something that I never in this life time thought I could do or really want to do so that is goal #2.  Goal number three is to win cause I don't want to have to wear the shirt with his photo saying I lost to him in whatever terms we decide to write it for a week or in my case for every weekend for a month and also have to post that same photo as my profile photo on facebook for a month. Oh and loser buys dinner. The stakes are high here cause I want to get through this but sometimes I don't believe in myself enough. So I am hoping that my stubborn side kicks in and pushes me over the hill and to the end.

So that being said I am SO excited to do this.  To have a bet along with it and to challenge myself to do something that is so new to me.  I have a few ideas why I am so excited but once more those are for my head to think through and work on.   What a way to kick off the new year.  Its interesting for the last 18 years I haven't really cared about being healthy.  Yet, this last 6 months being healthy has started to be a concern for me.  I still eat crap that I shouldn't but I now care more about what I eat and feel guilt when I eat crap and I put more healthy choices in my mouth and less of the crap in it too.  I never before this summer liked to run.  I thought oh I get to sweaty, its so boring, and I just hate it but now I LOVE IT.  I feel so much better about myself, life, and am a better parent cause I run.  Its like a need that I have to have.  Don't get me wrong there are days when it's just so hard to get up and run and I have to push myself to do it.  Those days are the most rewarding in at the end of the run.  Who knew I was a runner?  So right now the big emotion is excited >:o)  OH I am just so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment