Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Crashed and Burned but in STYLE

So funny story here.  I went out on a play date the other night.  It was super fun and Dallin and I had a really wonderful time.  Part of the activities was to take the kids on a walk in our strollers.  Well me being the new girl who hasn't really used one, oh and was totally going for a great impression here crashed and burned (but in style at least) trying to run down a small little down hill area.  Oh it was the funnest thing around and all adults present had a wonderful laugh.  I personally think it was my crowning moment.  You know one of those moment when the other person says.  Hey she can crash with style I think I can hang out with her some more.  This play date will go down in history just for that one moment.

Dallin had a wonderful time making a new friend who once she got used to his wide side had a good time with him as well.  Her baby sister is about as cute as can be and I could just hold her for a long time.  You know get that baby fix that I need every once in a while ( o.k. more like once every other week).   Babies are just so sweet and wonderful. This one is no exception.  She is a good baby and even allowed me to feed her and get her dinner all over her face.  Hey what can I say I have been out of practice for like 3 years.  :)  I feel very blessed for our new friendships that we made.  Were excited to go on another play date next week to the aquarium with our new friends.

Oh and on a side note I have slowed down a bit on the pace of my run after my fall but I am still running through the little bit of pain.  You know No Pain, No Gain.   Its nice to have a friend who I can be a bit competitive with.  I like a good challenge and I am not a big fan of losing when I am trying to win. Now if I could careless if I lose that is different but this time I want to at least tie.  Alright who am I lying to, I want to kick some butt because he can already run 12 miles down hill and I am now like 9.5 miles behind that amount ( that slow down took my distance down too ).  So if I can make a great show then I can at least feel like I REALLY earned it.  I still love running and can't wait for Jan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment