Saturday, February 27, 2010

So today I am grateful for modesty and having a boy.  Its so much easier to keep a boy modest.  Today I went to Lava Hot Springs in Idaho.  All I could do was see bikni, after bikni.  The worst was that some women were wearing them with so much fat hanging out that it was just sick to look at.  Also I saw some young girls there with CTR rings on and with nothing covering them.  I just think do their parents not know what they are waering or just don't care?  Maybe I am just jealous cause I am not a size 4.  WHATEVER.

I am grateful my mother taught me to value my body and to dress modestly.  It is just so degrading to see young girl with just nothing covered up.  I really think that self respect starts with your views of yourself and what you show to others.  If I ever have a girl to raise you will be sure that modesty will begin with me.  I will show her the right way to respect her body and I will be aware of what she is putting on out in public.

Yet, I only have a little boy and he will be taught to dress modestly and to expect the women in his life to also.  I will teach him to look for a woman who repects her body and doesn't treat it like its a peice of meat to be sold in public.  He will also be taught to respect women, their bodies, and the way they dress.  It starts at home in what we teach our children.  They have a hard enough time in life why make it more confusing for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment