Sunday, December 26, 2010

What is coming up for 2011

Alright I know everyone wants to know why I think 2011 is going to be so wonderful and what is going on to make it so. Well to start with I am teaching on class at UVU it is an upper level behavioral science class, it all about the family dynamics and system and theories.  I am SO excited to teach what I have been learning about for the last 3 years.  I am scared out of my mind but very excited.  Jan 5 isn't that far way for this adventure to begin.

Then on June 10, 2011 I walk for my graduation.  I won't be done with classes until July 22 but glad I get to walk early so I don't have to wait a whole year just to cause my practicum class is not over yet.  That reminds my I can't wait for July 22.  Classes will be done and even though the semester goes for another month.  I am hoping to be done with my hours and done.  Lucky they will post my degree once my hours are completed.  I am doing really well in my classes and am really loving my education and experience that I am getting. I am so glad I chose this as a career and can't wait for it to be my full-time job.  (where ever that takes me, hoping for St. George).

Next, I am going to go on a cruise in July/Aug as a graduation present for myself.  I am hoping all works out to leave Dallin with grandma and papa for a week while I take some time to myself and whatever friends want to come along.  Everyone is invited but who knows who will really come along with me. I haven't taken a vacation since Aug 2006 with Dayna to see his family in Iowa. I don't ever leave my son other than for an over night for class reason.  So that is right I am going away without my little man for a week and I can't wait.  I will miss his terribly but I need a break and a vacation by myself.

Then this is the really exciting part, I am going to go on vacation with little man to Disneyland next year around Christmas time.  I am going to take him for 2 or 3 days to Disneyland, Sea World (Dayna's favorite place to go in CA he LOVED it and wanted to take Dallin when he was older so bad), and the zoo, and then I believe to Lego land.   So this will be a great memory with little man and one I know Dayna will come along for the journey with in spirit. 

Of course there is getting a new job and quitting my current one.  I am not so excited to leave Lori on of my best friends but I am excited to leave some negative people behind.  I am so excited to get the chance to be a full-time therapist and to have a job I really enjoy that challenges me.  Who knows really where that will take me TX, ID, WA, OR, MT, CO, WY, UT, and whatever God wants me to go.  SO EXCITED for this.

I also get to take this get Marriage and Family Therapist exam which has me stressed out major but at the same time I know I can do it as long as God is with me.  I am scared cause it cost $400.00 a shot and I don't want to pay that twice. 

I wonder if this next year will bring us the chance to find another man in our lives.  One who will love my son, want a few more children, who will respect that I am always going to be Sealed to Dayna, one who knows that Dayna will always be apart of our lives, and who will love me.  It is hard being lonely and being a single parent.  I miss my best friend, late night cuddles with movies and games.  Will this year be the right year and time?  We will see, we will see.

We love you all and hope your 2011 year will be as wonderful as ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment