Monday, January 24, 2011

Dallin

So I haven't made a Dallin post in a while.  It is time and so needed for me to get everyone all caught up on him.  Well what hasn't changed with my son..... Well he is still growing like crazy, in the feet area the most.  I still am buyinghim new shoes every 3-6 months and that is with skipping the half sizes too.  He loves to laugh, see his best friend (our relief socety president), see Esther Lawton , loves daycare, LOVES to learn.  Dallin is in the top of both of his preschool classes.  He loves to learn, read, discover, a bit OCD in needing to be perfect in what he does, and he is just plan smart.  I don't know where the kid gets it from, well yea I do his dad was way smart too.  Don't get me wrong I am not saying I am not smart, I am just not smart like this.I have to work at it and he just gets it naturally. 

I decided this year under some great doctor, teacher, and talking that it was a good time to start Dallin on some medication for his ADHD.  The first round choice I didn't feel right about but the doctor really thought it was the best choice.  So I went with her choice.  The side effects were over emotional, and he wouldn't eat.  For a little man who already is skinny this was something that wasn't good.  In 2 months he lost 4 lbs.  So we change to the generic of Ritilin.  It is working much better.  He has to talk the first dose in when he wakes up and the second by 11 am.  It is letting him still be busy Dallin but in a more focused way.  He is able to sit still, focus on the task he needs to, he is able to not be so distracted and ramble on in his talking.  He in short has helped to slow him down but still be HIM.  This was very important cause I did not want to lose him, or drug him down.  He still has some behavioral issues but most of that is adjustable with a strong rule.  He needs teachers, parents, and daycare to be very firm in their bounderies with him.

Dallin is the light of my world.  He is VERY caring of others and me.  He is becoming a respectable young man who open doors for me and others.  Who tell me "It'll be o.k. momma"  when I am sad or have a hard day. He always reminds me to read scriptures and stories before bed time.  He loves to pray and reminds me to pray with our meals.  He is a good kid.  One who is treasure to have around and to be raising.  I am so grateful he is my little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment