Sunday, October 10, 2010

My First 6K

Today I ran my first 6k.  It was amazing and I loved it.  I also enjoyed sharing it with my son and having him cheer me forward.  I also now believe I am a real runner because I was upset at myself each time I walked and that I wasn't in my top performance ability with my cold.  Maybe I should of thought about staying home but that just wasn't a thought cause I said I was going to do it and I did it.  I also and very glad I did not come in last. Here are a few photos of my adventure.

Here is Dallin all ready to sit back and enjoy the race in the stroller while momma ran the race.  He didn't want me to take  his photo but I did anyways. :p

Here we are in the line waiting for the race to begin.  We had to wait for 15 mins over the start time because they said they lost some runner?  Hmm wonder where they went and who found them.
I had to stop at one point to let Dallin out because he decided he wanted to run with me also.  He ran a half mile with me before he said he wanted back in so he could have a nap. :)
 I only took one photo of the gardens waterfall during my race but it was so pretty that I just had to take the photo.  The gardens were just so pretty and I loved running through them.  


Over all this was a wonderful experience and I am so glad that I did this and can't wait for my BIG race in Jan.  Just finishing this is something I am proud of.  I am also glad that I did it even though I was sick with a cold during it.  I will have to run another one next month too :D

1 comment: